It was Memorial Day Weekend and I was glad that the show was not cancelled since Kelly got a new job on X-Factor. I was all ready to go in when there was a line around the block. I found out later that this was due to soundcheck (Really!!! When doors are suppose to open). But we finally got in and got seats. Here is the link to learn the Fillmore rules. Thanks Christy Sitter!!!!
***Sidenote: Fillmore staff.....when you are securing the seating area, make sure you are not leaving holes in your space.....if I wanted to I could have saved $$$ and sat for free***
Now on to the show: It was a case of good, better, best. First out of the gate was a rapper named August?? He came out and did a couple of songs but I was not very familiar with his work.
Next was The Dream, again I am not too familiar with his work as an artist but I do know that he has produced for a number of artist (Beyoncé, Kelly, Kylie). He had a good set doing some old songs from Jodeci and other R&B classics. The funniest part of the set was when he came out and threw an umbrella into the crowd, that was immediately thrown back. Guess that was a no, no, no.
Then came the moment that we were all waiting for: Kelly Rowland. She came out and performed her classics (Like This, Dilemma, and Motivation). I really enjoyed the new material from the new album. One track was called Street Life and another was called Gone. My only complaint was that I wish she would have done some of her dance tracks (Commander, Love Takes Over) but these were not as popular in the US as they were overseas. Can't wait to hear the album on Jun 18th and write a review.


















No comments:
Post a Comment