I would recommend this hotel as it is right in Georgetown and Metro accessible (closest stations are Foggy Bottom & Rosslyn). But back to the 1/2 marathon.
The weatherman said it was going to rain that day so I had two outfits:
#1
#2
Can anyone say Superman/Spiderman!!!! Definitely not intentional.
No onto the race. Everything started out well and good up until Mile 4. I started to feel my left foot tighten a little, then at the next mile it was the right. Towards Mile 8 it was my lower legs and just went up from there until the end of the race. I have to say I am proud of myself as this was my first marathon. My finishing time was 3:21:00.
Now after this experience I know I am a me, myself and I runner. Encouragement from the crowd is great but at a certain point it can be a little overwhelming and too much. I also realize that races bring the freak out of people. You had a guy dressed up as an Incredible, a guy riding a bike with a camera attached to it and many more!!!!!!!
This one is dedicated to them:
Here is some photo fails, the medal and my shoe game used to complete the mission:
Getting back on the Metro was also a mission as there were 3 events in the same area (ShamRockFest, DC Fitness Expo, and The Marathon), take a look:
Now on to my next mission: The Marine Corps Marathon (http://www.marinemarathon.com/) on October 27th!!!!
P.S: Here is a link to the training plan used :
community.active.com/servlet/.../halfMarathonTraining.xls
















No comments:
Post a Comment