Thursday, April 25, 2013

Event Review: Solange @ 9:30 Club

Before I got to the show I decided to roam around U Street to see what has changed. I see they are doing alot of construction and I wanted to see when one of my favorite restauraunts would open.
 
Sometime this year so that was good to know!!
 
 
The spot for luxury living???? Not sure about this one!

I also visited where Solange was suppose to play before her show was canceled:


Now onto the 9:30 Club for what I came for.


 
Now there was a difference in the club tonight. There was more colored people then white.
 
The opening act was Roman GianArthur. He reminded me of a young Michael Jackson + D'Angelo. I enjoyed a song he perfomed called Real Love (just a guess).
 
 



  



Next was the moment we were waiting for: Solange. I have to say I love that she is independent and her sister Beyonce is more commercial. It gives a good mix and match to the Knowles sisters. I love that Solange is playing @ 9:30 while Beyonce will be playing at the Verizon Center. I am glad she was able to start out commercial but go independent and still have success. The set was great with her doing stuff from her first album and the current. You could tell she was having a good time and felt comfortable on stage. One of the highlights was when she mixed one of her songs with Selena's I Could Fall in Love. She reminded me of a young Janet with some of her moves.

 

And there was a dance move of the night:


 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
My favorite Solange song:
 


And where it started:
 

Speaking of Solange, you know I had to mention Beyonce, Kelly, Michelle and Destiny's Child.

Here is my favorite Beyonce song:




Here is my favorite Kelly song:




Here is my favorite Michelle song:



Here is my favorite D.C song:



Now I have one question:

Where my Beyonce tickets at????


No comments:

Post a Comment